Start Talking - Find conversation starters for the group or with a friend
- Share a time when you have seen the power of unity in your life.
- How is God currently working in and through you?
Keep Reading – Read the scripture and ask a question to get the group thinking.
Read these scriptures out loud:
Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. 2 Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. 3 Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.
- What are some areas that God is calling you to grow in unity?
The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
- When have you decided to speak life over a friend or family member? How did it impact that person?
- Think of someone who is always encouraging & uplifting… How do they impact those around them? How have they impacted you?
Keep Talking – Choose questions to create openness.
- Anything that is worth anything requires commitment.
- Who/what are you committed to?
- How can you communicate and demonstrate your commitment in a greater way?
- What unites us is so far greater than anything that could possibly divide us.
- We live in a divided world: politically, racially, and theologically. How can we prevent disagreement from becoming division?
- Your life is determined by the commitments you make and the steps you take.
- Are you currently taking steps toward Christ?
- If so, how can you celebrate your commitments? If not, how can you change that direction and start taking steps toward Him?
Keep Moving/Going – Commit to a step and live it out this week.
Our relationships require constant work and attention… Pick one of these challenges and apply it this week!
- Communicate your commitment to your friends, siblings, your spouse, or your children. Look for ways to demonstrate and celebrate your commitment to them.
- Find someone who has a different background, culture, or perspective than you. Take them to coffee and ask them about their opinions without provoking or sharing your opinion. Find out why they believe what they believe and take time to pray together.
- S.O.A.P one of the Scriptures this week.
- Prayer requests from everyone at group
Want to hear more?
Click here to follow our Spotify playlist