Start Talking - Find conversation starters for the group or with a friend
- What is a new hobby, activity, or practice that you have developed lately that you intend to keep up?
- How have you been staying spiritually connected in the midst of social distancing?
Keep Reading – Read the scripture and ask a question to get the group thinking.
Read these scriptures out loud:
Psalm 139:5 – “You have surrounded me on every side, behind me and before me, and You have placed Your hand gently on my shoulder.”
- Have you ever felt surrounded by the Holy Spirit? Describe what it felt like to be in the presence of God.
How long, O Lord, must I call for help? But you do not listen! “Violence is everywhere!” I cry, but you do not come to save. Must I forever see these evil deeds? Why must I watch all this misery? Wherever I look, I see destruction.”
- Have you ever felt like Habakkuk? Surrounded by misery? How did you handle those feelings?
- Habakkuk was looking around, but he needed to look up! Take some time today to:
- Turn your doubts into questions.
- Turn your questions into prayers.
- Let your prayers turn you to God.
Keep Talking – Choose questions to create openness.
1. The conversation will lead to revelation.
- What are you focused on at the moment? Are you focused on the situation or are you focused on your God?
- God wants to have a conversation with you. How can you make time in your schedule to speak with Him?
2. Read Habakkuk 2:1-3.
- What stands out to you in this scripture?
- How can you wait patiently when you need a vision from God? \
3. Habakkuk sings even though his situation stays the same.
- How can we use this truth as an inspiration today?
Keep Moving/Going – Commit to a step and live it out this week
- Download our Faith over Fear playlist on Apple Music / Spotify. Allow the Word of God to surround you in worship.
- Write down a few of your favorite scriptures. Place a them around your house. Surround yourself with the truth of God’s word.
- Join us for Prayer at Noon. We are live each weekday at noon on Facebook and Instagram Live.
- Take time for prayer requests from everyone at group.
Want to hear more?
Click here to follow our "Weekend Worship" playlist on Spotify.