- This weekend Pastor Todd shared with us about Jesus’ Triumphant Entry in Matthew 21:1-11. Palm branches and garments were placed on the road for Jesus as he came through riding on the donkey. And as Jesus came through, people shouted and praised Jesus. Imagine for a moment the sights, the sounds, and the celebration, and put yourself in that story. How would you respond? What would you notice and take in about those moments seeing Jesus?
- Palm Sunday is something we celebrate every year as we prepare for the week of Easter. What can you do personally to remember the significance of Palm Sunday?
- Jesus sends his disciples into the village to find a donkey and colt. He tells the disciples to let them know that “The Lord needs them.” This was to fulfill the prophecy found in the Old Testament (Zech. 9:9). The disciples untied and brought the donkey to Jesus and threw their garments over it, and he sat on it.
- Pastor Todd shared that Jesus asked for the donkey, something that he had created and already owned, but he still needed it. What do you have that the Jesus needs? What do you have that you need to untie and bring to Jesus?
1 Corinthians 11:23-26
- The Lord’s Supper allows us to remember Jesus’ perfect sacrifice and the mercy of our God. We take the bread to remember his body broken for us, and the cup to remember his blood shed for you and me. As we take the Lord’s Supper, it also reminds us of the covenant God has created for us with Him.
- We learned that every time we take communion, we can take and claim victory and authority because of Jesus’ sacrifice for us. If you remembered this truth outside of taking communion, how would it affect your life?
- Your generosity will write you into the story.
- What is something you can give over to God so you can be a part of His story?
- What is something that could be fulfilled if you showed generosity?
- You don’t have to be wealthy, you just have to be generous.
- What are some ways you can give that aren’t determined by wealth?
- What is something that God has been calling you to give, but you haven’t?
- How can you be obedient with what He has asked of you?
- Sometimes we’re like the crowd and are only looking for what Jesus can do for us.
- Instead of being like the crowd, we should ask him, “What can I do for you?”
- So, what can you do for Jesus?
Keep Moving/Going – Commit to a step and live it out this week
As we go through this week leading up to Easter, and as we begin to celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus… What can you do this week to prepare your heart for Easter? Is there something you can do with your family? Read the passages in the Bible of the final days leading up to Jesus’ death? Invite a friend to Easter?
- Finish strong with your 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting.
- Invite and bring someone to Easter with you!
- Prayer requests from everyone at group