Start Talking - Find conversation starters for the group or with a friend.
- Do you have any family traditions to celebrate Holy Week or the Easter season?
- How did you creatively partake of “bring-your-own-bread” communion this weekend while watching church online?
Keep Reading – Read these scriptures out loud.
- Jesus is asking for something he already created – the donkeys. When we give back to God, we are giving back something that is already his. Furthermore, our generosity can fulfill prophecy! Jesus wants to ride on the back of our generosity…
- What do you have that the Lord needs? What is tied up that you need to bring to Jesus?
1 Corinthians 11:23-26
- The communion meal is rooted in redemption.
- What is significant to you about the communion meal?
There are three olive pressings in the times of Jesus, paralleled to the three times Jesus went to pray in Matthew 26:38-46. Each pressing would produce an oil for a different purpose:
1. Light – to become the light of the world
- He was crushed to become the light of the world. Those who follow him don’t have to walk in darkness.
- Do you feel sometimes you are living your life in the dark, not knowing what way to go? How can you see life through God’s light this week?
- How can you be God’s light to your neighbors and family this week?
2. Medicinal – to help heal wounds
- His pressing brought us healing. We are completely well through Christ.
- Do you feel whole? What wounds do you have that you need Jesus to heal?
3. Soap – for cleansing
- His pressing brought us cleansing from all sin and all shame of our past. Jesus and Jesus alone washed us clean.
- Jesus died that we would be free from the control and consequence of sin. Do you still feel controlled by sin? When you feel this way, what truth can you remind yourself of?
Keep Moving/Going – Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Make your Christ Fellowship #crossequalslove sign to post in your yard, window, or apartment door.
- Invite a neighbor, friend, co-worker, or family member to join us for Easter services next weekend. Check out EasteratCF.com for more information.
- S.O.A.P. out the Scripture this week
- Prayer requests from everyone at group.
- Pray a prayer of thanksgiving, mindful of the sacrifice of Jesus for you.
Want to hear more?
Click here to follow our "Weekend Worship" playlist on Spotify.