Start Talking - Find conversation starters for the group or with a friend
- Coach brought up the example of Lt. Col. Joshua Chamberlain and his actions during the Battle of Gettysburg during the Civil War. Can you think of any other individual who turned the tide of history by standing firm and not compromising?
- We stand upon the shoulders of the generations before us. Who do you have in your life that emulated what it looks like to live a life of courage & integrity? If you don’t have that heritage in your life, what do you need to do to start that for the generations that will follow you?
Keep Reading – Read the scripture and ask a question to get the group thinking.
Read these scriptures out loud:
“Let the word of God dwell in you richly…”
- What does it mean to let the word of God dwell in you richly? What does that look like, practically speaking?
- Can you say that the word of God dwells in you richly? If not, what step can you take to make this a reality in your life?
2 Timothy 4:7
“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
- Coach quoted Andrew Jackson, who said, “One man with courage makes a majority.” What fight has God called you to fight? What race has He called you to run?
- What are you doing – or what do you need to begin to do – to fight your fight or run your race with courage & consistency?
Keep Talking – Choose questions to create openness.
- Who/What is shaping your thinking, decision making, and core values?
- Colossians 2:8 says, “Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.” When you make decisions and respond to situations in your life, are your decisions coming from the truth of God’s Word or from the world?
- Is there anything in your life out of alignment with the truth of God’s Word?
- Coach talked about 2 Corinthians 10:5 – “We demolish arguments and every pretention that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
- Is there an area of your life that is not in alignment with the truth of God’s Word? What is the root belief or thought behind that which you need to “demolish” and “take captive” in order to make it obedient to Christ?
Keep Moving/Going – Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- We are called to a life of prayer, teaching the Word of God to our children & the generations who follow us, and serving. Take some time to honestly evaluate how you’re doing in these 3 areas; choose one area in which you recognize you need to improve. What is your next step in that area?
- Pick one of this week’s key Scripture and make it a reminder in your phone. Spend a few minutes repeating it and thinking about it each day.
- S.O.A.P out the Scripture this week.
- Prayer requests from everyone at group
- “Glorious Day” – Passion Worship
- “Whom Shall I Fear [God of Angel Armies]” – Chris Tomlin
- “Resurrecting” – Elevation Worship