Start Talking - Find conversation starters for the group or with a friend
- Robert Madu talked about how he dislikes going to the gym, but he finds ways to motivate himself. What is something that you do that you dislike, and how do you motivate yourself to stick it out?
- When you look in the mirror, what do you see staring back at you?
Keep Reading – Read the scripture and ask a question to get the group thinking.
Read these scriptures out loud:
- What is the race you feel that God has set before you?
- What can you do today to help you keep your eyes on Jesus, and how can you run the race that you have been given to run?
1 Samuel 18:5-9
- When we compare ourselves to others, we never get where we need to go because we are running that other person’s race instead of the race that God intended for our life. Is there someone else’s race you may be running?
- What can you do today to get back in your lane and start running the race God intended for your life?
Keep Talking – Choose questions to create openness.
- Realize you are a Masterpiece.
- 2:10 - For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. What does this verse mean to you?
- Robert Madu modeled for us the power of declarations. Declare out loud together as a group “I am a Masterpiece” and take some time to pray for each other over things that each group member may be wrestling with that make them think otherwise.
- Don’t live a “But Me” life.
- You are wearing “But Me” glasses if you…
- Are unable to celebrate the success of others
- Are stingy with your compliments
- Are finding joy in others’ failures
- Do you ever find yourself struggling with any of the “But Me’s” above?
Keep Moving/Going – Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- What action do you need to take this week to move toward staying in your lane?
- Pick one of this week’s key Scriptures and make it a reminder in your phone. Spend a few minutes repeating it and thinking about it each day.
- S.O.A.P out the Scripture this week.
- Prayer requests from everyone at group