Start Talking - Find conversation starters for the group or with a friend
- How have you been practicing social distancing? What is your favorite thing to do?
- Do you prefer the push up challenge or the cookie challenge?
Keep Reading – Read the scripture and ask a question to get the group thinking.
Read these scriptures out loud:
1 Samuel 17:8-11
"Choose a man and let him come down to fight me. If he can fight me and kill me, then we will be your slaves. But if I overpower him and kill him, then you will be our slaves and serve us.”
When Saul and all the Israelites heard what this Philistine said, they were gripped with fear.
- Have you ever been gripped by fear?
- What did you do to overcome your fear?
Don’t allow the enemy to use the situation we are going through as a country to grip you with fear. You can change the channel! You don’t have to ignore it, but you don’t have to let it grip you.
You are more ready for the battle you are currently facing than you know! God is going to use your preparation to help you overcome!
1 Samuel 17:45-47
"You come against me with sword and spear… but I come against you in the Name of
the Lord God Almighty, whom you have defied. Today the Lord will conquer you and I
will kill you and cut off your head… All those gathered here will know that it is not
by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s.”
- You are not alone; the battle is not your own. The battle is the Lord’s! How have you seen this truth play out in your life?
- How can we go on the offense, in the spiritual, to conquer the battles we face in life?
Keep Talking – Choose questions to create openness.
1. Change what you see. Change your perspective.
- What are you focused on in this season?
- How can you face the facts and the truth of God’s word with faith?
2. Change what you say. When you make a declaration, you are calling what hasn’t happened into existence. Declarations can shape your future!
- Have you seen the power of your words in your life?
- When you control your words, you control your life. Read Proverbs 18:21 What are you proclaiming over your current situation?
Every time you try to step out to do something big for God, somebody will try to keep you small. Don’t listen to them.
Keep Moving/Going – Commit to a step and live it out this week
- Download Christ Fellowship’s Faith over Fear playlist on Apple Music / Spotify. Allow the Word of God to surround you in worship.
- Write down a few of your favorite scriptures. Place them around your house. Surround yourself with the truth of God’s word.
- Join us for Prayer at Noon. We are live each weekday at noon on Facebook and Instagram Live.
- Take time for prayer requests from everyone at group.
Want to hear more?
Click here to follow our "Weekend Worship" playlist on Spotify.