- What was your experience of the circus as a child? Did you have any favorite acts?
- What motivates you to do the things that you do?
Direction and guidance is essential in all areas of our life. Read this scripture out loud:
- 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
- ALL Scripture is inspired by God, not just some of it. God has given us His Words to teach and correct us about what is right and wrong and how to live our lives.
- Knowing that we have God’s Word to lead and direct us, what would keep you from gleaning on this Word? Do we believe that ALL of Scripture is inspired by God? Are we fearful of correction?
Memorizing scripture lays Gods word deep in our hearts. Read this scripture out loud:
- Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers and the flowers fall but the word of God endures forever.
- We all have gone through seasons in our lives. Friends come and go, jobs change, we get married and have kids, etc. Life is constantly changing. One thing that we can be sure of is that God’s Word never changes. It is the one constant in our lives.
- What are some things that have changed in your life? What does it mean to you knowing that the Word of God endures forever?
- True success is not found in the WHAT, its found in the WHO. Our relationships matter.
- Do you believe this? Who in your life is most important to you?
- Are there goals in your life that you have prioritized over certain relationships?
- You will get what you want, but you will lose what you have got.
- At what times are you tempted to leave God’s guidance and chase after something that might not be the best for you? What did you learn?
- What lies do you hear from the enemy when he is tempting you?
- If you don’t know the truth, you will fall for a lie every time.
- How can we best protect ourselves from the lies of the enemy?
- What methods of bible reading and memorizing have worked best for you?
- Commit to pray this week specifically for the important relationships in your life.
- Commit 2 Timothy 3:16 to memory this week.
- What action do you need to take this week to replace lies with truth in your life? What action step do you need to take here?
- Are there relationships that you need to put right? Take the first step this week.
- Collect prayer requests from those in your group
- Pray together as a group