- What is your favorite movie genre (action, comedy, documentary, romantic, etc)?
- Have you seen the Black Panther movie? If so, did you like it and why?
There is a part of the Kingdom of God that is invisible but so real. Read this scripture out loud:
- 2 Corinthians 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what we see but on what we can’t see. For what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is eternal.
Pastor Shaun reminded us that if we don’t understand what we have, we won’t know how to use it. Read this scripture out loud:
- 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.
- Spiritual power isn’t earned…it’s given freely from the Father. It is a gift from God.
- Do you believe this?
- Do you believe that God wants to give you the spiritual power you need? Why or why not?
- Spiritual power works best in significant relationships. It is critical that we have life-giving friendships that strengthen us.
- Have you experienced the truth of this?
- Has it been difficult for you to find and keep these kinds of relationships? Why or why not?
- Spiritual power is demonstrated when we move forward in boldness & faith. Share a time when fear kept you from moving forward. Share a time when God’s power helped you move forward.
- Commit to pray this week specifically for spiritual power and for your understanding of what you have in Christ to increase. Perhaps commit 1 Timothy 1:7 to memory this week.
- What action do you need to take this week to cultivate spiritually significant relationships?
- Identify a situation that you need to move forward in boldness and faith. What specific step do you need to take this week?
- Collect prayer requests from those in your group
- Pray together as a group