- What was your favorite observation from Ps. Robert Madu’s message on I Got More Than What I Came For?
- From this message, what do you believe is your mat?
The Bible has a lot to say about having enough faith for someone else to be healed.
Read Mark 2:1-12
- Mark 2:3-4 says: Four men arrived carrying a paralyzed man on a mat. They couldn’t bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, so they dug a hole through the roof above his head. Then they lowered the man on his mat, right down in front of Jesus. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, “My child, your sins are forgiven.”
- Has there ever been a time in the past where you walked with someone through a trial they were facing till the results they were seeking came to fruition?
- Did helping that person strengthen your relationship with them? More importantly, did it strengthen your relationship with God?
- John 11:14 says: But when Jesus heard about it he said, “Lazarus’s sickness will not end in death. No, it happened for the glory of God so that the Son of God will receive glory from this.”
- In the story of Jesus hearing word that his friend Lazaurus was sick, He purposely chose to stay where he was for two additional days, rather than go back to Judea. Of course, Jesus could of spoke right from where he was and Lazurus would have been healed and not die, but where does the miracle then come from? How about the faith in the Messiah?
- By the time Jesus got to Lazurus, he had been dead in his grave for four days. This is where Pastor Robert’s message of I Got More Than What I Came For really highlights some of the healing power that Jesus has. Before, He made a blind person see, a lame person walk. Here, someone has been dead for days and Jesus spoke, and Lazurus came out of the tomb fully alive. Mary, Martha, Jesus’ Disciples and those who witnessed the miracle would not have experienced the more than what they came for if Jesus healed Lazurus while he was alive
- The paralyzed man had his sins forgiven and healed from his paralysis. He encountered Jesus and was given two miracles.
- How would it have been if he was only healed of his paralysis?
- Now discuss how he would have been if Jesus only forgave his sins and did not heal him from paralysis.
- What do you think of Pastor Robert’s observation that we only hear of the gender and their condition, rather than getting more info such as a name and back story?
- Spiritual condition of paralysis is where we feel like if we did not have a disfunction in our life, our walk would be better with the Lord. We cannot give up when there is disfunction.
- What spiritual condition of paralysis is holding you back from leading and living a life that is filled with God’s blessings?
- Remember, your issue does not have to become your identity. You are more than your mistakes. You don’t have to be defined by your disfunction.
- The realization of the expectancy of a miracle
- Imagine yourself as the man being carried by his friends. Do you have the faith to believe you will be healed?
- Imagine yourself carrying one corner of the mat and taking the man to see Jesus, your faith literally carried this man to the Word of God, to the Word in the flesh, to Jesus. You are bringing your friend because of the stories everyone in town keeps referring to.
- Read Mark 2:5: Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, “My child, your sins are forgiven.”
- In some ways, the friends received a bigger miracle than their friend being healed, it was their faith and expectancy of the miracle, to allow all this to happen.
- Who has God placed in your life, that are Tear the Roof Off Friends?
- God can do exceedingly more than what you are asking for. So what is it that you are asking for?
- Whenever your experience does not line up to your expectation, God is trying to give you a revelation of who He is.
- Challenge: The next time you experience something that you were not expecting, still praise God for what He is doing in your life. He may close a door you wanted open, or opened a door you were not expecting, thank Him for the revelation He has for you.
- Prayer requests from everyone in the group