Start Talking - Find conversation starters for the group or with a friend=
- In your own words, what does the word Freedom mean to you?
- What is a 4th of July tradition you may have with your family now, or when you were younger?
Keep Reading – Read the scripture and ask a question to get the group thinking.
Read these scriptures out loud:
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free.”
- We may think of the word Freedom to mean that we are free to do what we want, when we want. The freedom that is being talked about is the freedom to walk the life that we were created for. Freedom meaning a life that removes barriers, hindrances, or things that may be holding us back. Discuss this and what this type of Freedom means to you.
“ So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”
- Is there something in your life that may be keeping you from experiencing freedom?
Keep Talking – Choose questions to create openness.
Read this verse out loud…
Psalm 105:4 – “Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.”
How can we live our life with our eyes on the promise of God and not the problems in our life?
- Praise God before the victory.
- It can be challenging to be joyful and praiseworthy when we are going through hard times. Just like Pastor Todd said, your praise has a purpose – to silence the enemy. Do you have something in your life that you are finding hard to praise and find joy in?
- What is a way that you will praise your problems this week?
- Take a moment to read 2 Chron 20:22-23. Instead of complaining about our current situation, take a stand and face it with praise. The enemy doesn’t like praise. Your worship is your weapon against anything you may be dealing with.
- There is power in together.
- It matters who is speaking over your life. Do you find yourself encouraged by the people you have around you?
- Read Eccl. 4:9-12. Has there been a time in your life where this verse proved true for you?
- Your freedom requires a fight.
- God knows your future and has a victory for you at the end, but it requires us to participate in the process to get to that victory. We can’t just sit back and let God do the work. In the process of obtaining freedom we have to fight. We need to trust that God will lead us to that victory.
- Has there ever been a time in your life that you have let fear of the fight rob you of your faith?
- “The battle isn’t yours, its God’s.” What does this mean to you in your own words?
Keep Moving/Going – Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- What action can you take this week to keep your eyes off the problem and on the process?
- Pick one of this week’s key Scriptures and make it a reminder in your phone. Spend a few minutes repeating it and thinking about it each day.
- O.A.P out the Scripture this week.
- Prayer requests from everyone at group
Want to hear more?
Click here to follow our Spotify playlist.