- Give an example of a time that you have lived with expectation for something.
- What areas of your life are you hopeful for?
Paul wrote this letter to the Church while he was in prison, yet he knew the Church was being so faithful that others were speaking of their faith from outside the Church! Let us live with that level of faith, and read Ch1 vs3-6 aloud:
We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all God’s people – the faith and hope that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel that has come to you.
- Have you seen how Jesus has changed your life? Pastor Todd taught us that when we accept Jesus into our life, the old is gone and we have a new life in Him, but that process of looking and acting like Jesus happens slowly. How has Jesus changed your life?
- Do your coworkers and friends see your faith? Everywhere we go, we should be sharing our faith with others, and inviting the people we know to come to faith as well. Do people around you see your faith?
- Is your hope anchored to God and His promises? If we trust on anything else other than God for our security, it will fail us. What changes do you need to make to anchor all of your hope in God?
- Use the SOAP (scripture, observation, application and prayer) this week on Colossians Ch. 3 vs 1- 4
- What are you dwelling on that you need to give to God?
- Prayer requests from everyone in the group