Start Talking - Find conversation starters for the group or with a friend
- Of all of the Avengers, which one do you most admire or resonate with? Why?
- Each of the Avengers has a unique ability/superpower that isn’t for themselves but for the benefit of others. What has God uniquely placed within you to be a benefit to those around you [see 1 Peter 4:10].
Keep Reading – Read the scripture and ask a question to get the group thinking.
Read these scriptures out loud:
This is a well-known & relatively short psalm. Take the time to read it & even work on memorizing it.
- What promises does this psalm have for us when we go through battles in our life? How does knowing that change how you face those battles?
- Pastor Todd said that, “Your valley is not your finale.” If you feel like you’re walking through a valley of the shadow of death right now, it’s not the end. Keep walking, knowing that God is your Shepherd.
For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
- Do you truly believe what this passage says? Are you aware of God’s constant presence with you, even in the struggles & battles of life?
- If you’re in the middle of a fight right now in your life, instead of complaining or feeling sorry for yourself, begin to declare the truth of God’s Word – “God will never leave me nor forsake me. The Lord is my helper, and I will not be afraid!”
Keep Talking – Choose questions to create openness.
- We are at war.
- Are you aware that you have a real enemy who wants to destroy you? Read what Jesus had to say about this in John 10:10.
- Just as Captain America has his shield & Tony Stark has his Iron Man suit, God has provided armor for us to be victorious in every fight we face in life. Take a moment to read Eph. 6:10-18 – how can you intentionally put on the armor of God in your life?
- You can’t fight alone.
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 speaks of the importance of having people around us. Take a moment to read this passage aloud.
- Do you have people in your life that are there to lift you up when you fall? Are you that kind of person for others? If you don’t have those kinds of relationships, what is your next step?
- As was illustrated in Avengers, when the individual heroes got siloed or divided, they would lose. However, when they teamed up, they were able to successfully defeat the enemy.
- Pastor Todd brought up Psalm 133, the only place in the Bible where God commands a blessing. Take a moment to read that Psalm. Have you experienced the truth of Ps. 133 in your life? Have you experienced times where if you had pursued unity the outcome would have been different?
Keep Moving/Going – Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Take a moment to think about the people in your life. Who do you have who is there to pick you up when you fall? Who has your back when you’re in the middle of a battle? If you don’t have anyone like that, get involved in serving, joining a group, etc. You cannot live the victorious life Jesus died to provide you with on your own.
- Pick one of this week’s key Scripture and make it a reminder in your phone. Spend a few minutes repeating it and thinking about it each day.
- S.O.A.P out the Scripture this week.
- Prayer requests from everyone at group
Want to hear more?
Click here to follow our Spotify playlist.