Start Talking – Find conversation starters for the group or with a friend.
- This week we learned from Pastor Tom that the 1st key to a champion’s confidence is to be SECURE in our true identity. Paul discovered his true identity through a divine encounter. Have you ever had a divine encounter with God that helped secure you in your true identity?
- The 2nd key to a champion’s confidence is to TRAIN on a champions level. What is something you have settled to be average in, when God has called you up to be extraordinary?
Keep Reading – Read the scripture and ask a question to get the group thinking.
Read these scriptures out loud:
Philippians 4:13 – “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
- Is there a dream that you may have lost sight of and need the strength of Christ to bring that dream back to life?
Philippians 4:4-9 “Rejoice in the Lord always: and again, I say, Rejoice.5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
- What are some things that distracts our minds from focusing on the things of God’s Word?
Keep Talking – Choose questions to create openness.
Choose your attitude: We can’t always choose what happens to us, but we can choose how we respond.
- How can our attitudes change our perspective on what is happening around us?
- How can our attitudes affect others that are around us?
Huddle up with God in prayer: When you huddle up, you build confidence.
- What are some ways that you can huddle up with God this week?
- Are there people you need to get around or things that need to change this week to make this happen?
Focus your mind: When we spend time in the Word, it reveals God’s promises, principles and His purposes.
- We cannot let the pressures of culture shape how we think. Who or what are you allowing to influence you and your thinking?
Apply Christ’s Principles: Applied truth is the key to freedom.
- We shouldn’t allow the pressure to guide us but allow God’s principles to guide us. How are you applying Christ’s principles in your own life? ( with your family, at work, time on your own, etc.)
Keep Moving/Going – Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Champions train with other champions. Find someone this week that can call you up to the next level.
- Pick one of this week’s key Scripture and make it a reminder in your phone. Spend a few minutes repeating it and thinking about it each day.
- O.A.P out the Scripture this week.
- Prayer requests from everyone at group