- What was your favorite observation from Pastor Julie’s message on Wonder?
- Which character can you most relate to in Wonder and why?
The Bible has a lot to say about kindness, it is actually one of the fruits of the spirit!
Read Galatians 5:22-23 aloud
- Galatians 5:22-23: But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
- Pastor Julie reminded us that kindness isn’t automatic. It doesn’t just happen, and it doesn’t come naturally. Kindness is actually a decision that we get to make.
- What are some ways that you have shown kindness in the past?
- Colossians 3:12: Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
- Kindness is a choice, we have to make a daily decision to choose kindness! It has the power to change someone’s life.
- Have you ever been the recipient of kindness? How did you feel? How did it change you?
- In the same way we decide what clothes we are going to wear each day, we get to decide to PUT ON kindness.
- How does one “clothe” themselves in kindness?
- Read Galatians 5:22-23 & Colossians 3:12 again, what stands out to you? Write down any words that stand out. What does God want you to learn from these verses?
- When it comes to forgiveness, Christ commands it and your future demands it. Unforgiveness is a thief! Unforgiveness will steal your joy, peace, and relationships, if you allow it!
- Have you experienced the truth of this?
- Read Ephesians 4:32. How can your relationships be changed by applying this verse to your life?
- There’s no one you will meet today that God does not see as WONDERFUL. True kindness begins when WE SEE people the way their Heavenly Father SEES them.
- Read Psalm 139:14-17.
- What jumps out at you in this passage? Write down the verse that God places on your heart, keep it on your nightstand, desk, or in your car. We all need to be reminded of what God thinks about us!
- When we know who we are to God, we learn how to see people the way God sees them. Do you need to start thinking of people differently? Think to yourself someone you may need to see differently today.
- Who has God placed in your life, that you can extend kindness to?
- Commit to choosing kindness each and every day. Look for ways that you can be kind for the people God has placed all around you (Family, Friends, Work, School)
- Every great friendship is made up of two really great forgivers. Chose to forgive someone this week, it has the potential to change everything for your relationships! Is there someone that you need to extend forgiveness to?
- Challenge: Change your perspective, pick a few people in your life that you can start to see them the way that God sees them. Write down what God does in your heart as you start to see people differently.
- Collect prayer requests from those in your group
- Pray together as a group